The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forgotten Lady

Near the begining of this episode, during the scene in Dr Willis' bedroom there is a line where Dr Willis calls Grace 'Rose'. I have never been sure whether this is an unintentional goof, or whether he calls her this deliberately as a pet name because Grace's favourite character that she played was called Rose. Anyone have any opinions?

Re: Forgotten Lady

I don't think it was a goof, Gregg. I think it was a loving pet name for her. And if you remember the file he kept on her medical condition was also Rosie.
I have said many times here what a beautiful episode this is. For me, it is truly magical.

Re: Forgotten Lady

I think you are probably right Cassa. Good point about the medical file. She obviously loved the character Rosie; remember when she says how Rosie performed on the night her father died, as a reason why Grace herself should continue her work. She obviously sees herself as being like Rosie and would probably like her husband to call her that.