The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Colombos Peugeot 403

mat, did you click on "The Car" over there on the left of the screen you're looking at right now? There's some info over there and in the "ScrapBook".

Re: Re: Colombos Peugeot 403

Found it! Such a shame to read the tale. I had in the back of my mind some wicked plan (small miracle permitting) to find the Colombo car for the 2006 NEC Classic Motor Show in Birmingham.

Re: Re: Re: Colombos Peugeot 403

Mat, sounds like you found the Scrapbook article "Death of a Columbo Car" -- and we're proud to have that insider report, from somebody with first-hand knowledge and a great story to tell.

But, the whole story is more complicated. See, for example, the Scrapbook article about Columbo's car at Universal -- featuring a rare, recent photo of TWO of Columbo's Peugeots in the parking lot of the studio.

Have fun exploring the site.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Colombos Peugeot 403

Ah IC ! Well good to see they still have them and they are not crushed.

Re: Colombos Peugeot 403

I'm always on the lookout for a Columbo car sitting along the side of a road, or in an abandoned junk yard (but near the road) somewhere here in the northern Illinois area. Saw something that came close once, but it was an old Volvo (if I remember correctly!)

But really... wouldn't THAT be a fantastic find?!