The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rehersal for Murder

sounds good...........and a great cast too!

Re: Re: Rehersal for Murder

I thought it was a bit slow at the start but when it got going it was very enjoyable - with a nice twist at the end.

(and for 50 pence [the dvd has two films on it] it was a real bargain)

Re: Re: Re: Rehersal for Murder

Yes, the twist was clever--and it's good to see old pros like Robert Preston with the then younger talent of Jeff Goldbloom. Does anyone recall another LL mystery about that same time with Hal Holbrook?

Michael, I hope that wasn't a trivia question, but merely a question......because I cheated and looked it up.
The movie was Murder By Natural Causes..it aired in 1979...and also starred Katharine Ross and Barry Bostwick. Supposedly it had 3 differnt endings.

You mean three endings were filmed and a decision was made later on which one to use? I haven't seen it in years--Ross has affair with Bostwick, I think, and Holbrook cleverly finds way to have revenge. Wasn't Holbrook a mentalist?

Yeah, Holbrook was a mentalist. And the movie supposedly has 3 different endings, all filmed, that they show at the end. I have never seen it, but now I am definitely intrigued.

hey michael..........have you ever watched that o'brien tape????????? just asking.......

Yes, and many thanks for it. Oddly enough, it didn't follow the ususal O'Brien formula--this was much more an international intrique caper that was popular at the time. Thanks again.

I'm not positive, but wasn't one of Agatha Christies stories titled Rehersal for Murder? I think it was made into a movie starring Tony Curtis.

No, that was Murder in 3 Acts. Tony Curtis, Emma Samms, Jonathon Cecil, Diana Muldaur, etc. Ustinov as a modern day Poirot.