The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has Mrs Columbo ever been shown in the U.K.

?

Re: Has Mrs Columbo ever been shown in the U.K.

I've never seen it, and I always try to see any Columbo-related stuff on the telly. Doesn't mean it hasn't though, but does mean that I won't mind seeing it quite as much on the DVD version when it comes out as people who have! Am actually quite intreagued...

Me too. If a television station was to show 'Mrs Columbo' I am sure they would get good ratings as 'Columbo' is so popular.

I can well understand why "Mrs Columbo" would be intriguing to "Columbo" fans who have never seen it. And on this basis, I would agree that "Mrs Columbo" is a perfectly decent (as in, better than none) bonus feature for the "Columbo" DVDs.

In fact, the connections between "Columbo" and "Mrs Columbo" (writers, producers and actors in common) have been under-emphasized, or even suppressed, by resentful "Columbo" people.

BUT!!!!!!....

Once you have seen an episode or 2 of "Mrs C", you will find why it is little more than a footnote to "Columbo" history.

Trust me on this. I am a fan of both (obviously!) "Columbo" and of Kate Mulgrew,... and after you have satisfied your curiosity with a couple of "Mrs C" episodes, you will feel that you have seen quite enough, and more, of the ill-fated spinoff.

Yes Stephen, it has! I don't know when exactly, but it must've been around 1979/1980.

It played on, I think, ITV on Sunday evenings.

Details are scant I know, but the series was definitely seen in the UK 'cos I remember watching it (although I don't recall anything about it apart from the opening titles).

Just did a bit of checking -- it played in late 1979, on ITV on Sunday nights around the 8.30pm/9.00pm slot.

Re: Re: Has Mrs Columbo ever been shown in the U.K.

Dene, thanks for that.