The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo in your daily life

E, I know exactly what you mean! Every time I start plotting a mur...

Uh.

Nevermind.

Re: Re: Columbo in your daily life

We have them all the time in our house. When someone
mentions a coat, someone else will automatically reply "that coat, that coat!" (quote by nun played by Joyce Van Patten in "Negative Reaction"). Also from "Negative Reaction": Whenever we ask some if they are eating some particular kind of food the answer is "that is the prevailing theory!"-stated by wino Mr Dolan played by the immortal Vito Scotti.
From "Make Me a Perfect Murder" there is Columbo saying in an exaggerated way "Nothing to worry about!" when he was mentioning the Mercedes car model numbers-of course meaning that Kay Freestone has a LOT to worry about!
Also, my daughter is studying to be a professional musician and singer and she LOVES the songs Joe Devlin sings in "The Conspirators" e.g. "save Ireland, said the heroes.." and "when there's whiskey in the jar". Whenever someone mentions birthdays, someone will bring up Devlin's monologue given at the Irish "Peace" fundraiser when he is talking about how he was arrested. He says he thought the explosives he was carrying were "fireworks for the King's birthday". The policeman says "the king's birthday ain't for another 5 months!".

Re: Re: Re: Columbo in your daily life

Whenever I eat at a Wendy's restaurant, I'm tempted to buy the chili and iced tea, especially if it's one of their bargain lunches.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo in your daily life

My boss at work can walk into the room and right away notice if something is out of place or if something is not done that he thought should have been done, no matter how small the details, that is why I nicknamed him Columbo.

This is not exactly what you are asking for E but it is something that I do constantly.
When I am at a store and I am looking for something in my pocket I go through all my pockets on my jeans and on my jacket searching and searching just Columbo does when he is looking for his pencil and notebook or some little scrap of paper. I get some strange looks from people...but I don't really care.

Here's another one I forgot to mention...

Strawberries always make me think of Mrs. LaSanka!

Good one E!!

Strawberries always remind me of Captain Queeg, in "The Caine Mutiny"

Re: Re: Re: Columbo in your daily life

Yes, what about scary clowns! what film was that in again! Gives me the creeps!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo in your daily life

Kramer is afraid of clowns.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yes, what about scary clowns! what film was that in again! Gives me the creeps!

Sarah, you may be thinking of Playback, with the clown doll in the chair in Elizabeth Van Wyck's bedroom.

I have been known as a clown in the bedroom

Replying to:

Sarah, you may be thinking of Playback, with the clown doll in the chair in Elizabeth Van Wyck's bedroom.

I bet you have Peck!!

Any time I open my mail when I'm on the phone I'm reminded of "Murder By The Book"....and I stopped borrowing cigarettes off people after seeing "Lovely But Lethal".
Well, you can never tell, can you?

Ha!! as soon as you said..."any time I open my mail...." I just laughed, because I knew where you were going with it.............I do the same thing!

Well...

This may sound familiar, but whenever I bake an omelet, I always think of "Murder by the Book".

The lovely episode where Columbo fixes an excellent four-egg cheese/union omelet. He also refers to his wife, who admitted that Columbo makes the best eggs in the world.

Mmmmmmmmmm, delicious !

BTW: What's Columbo secret to a good omelet !?!

It must be the unions.

I think I know this, but I'm not entirely sure. Doesn't he say the secret is no eggs....only use milk?

I got a chance to do a Columbo "moment" today, when I went for my new drivers license and had to be shuffled around to different counters ala "Blueprint for Murder"

did you have fun peck????

Actually it wasn't that bad overall. I got there early and it wasn't that crowded as I got shuffled around . I did run into a stumbling block ala Columbo when I applied for my "homesteaders" rebate. Like Columbo I had to go to another department, before I can get my rebate. Hopefully when I go back, they wont be on their "lunch hour"

Replying to:

did you have fun peck????

DONT LAUGH..I ALWAYS THINK OF "THE COMMODORE" WHEN HE SAYS "TISN'T" WHENEVER I WIND UP MY WATCH...

i have a picture of columbo on the family photo wall at home. it is funny how he blends right in. only very occasionally has a visitor ever noticed that columbo is right there next to my siblings and other important people. :)

when i was growing up we had lamps exactly like the one on Dr. Willis's bedside table.

Also, my dogs liked vanilla ice cream cones just like Dog. When we drove across country, they would always get excited at the drive through.

So it is official! We are all freaks! I love it!!!!