The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Columbo Month

When you look at the original airdates of the '70s episodes of "Columbo," which month do you think featured the best episodes?

The September episodes were: Murder by the Book, Etude in Black, Lovely but Lethal, An Exercise in Fatality, and Forgotten Lady.

October: Death Lends a Hand, Dead Weight, The Greenhouse Jungle, Any Old Port in a Storm, Negative Reaction, By Dawn's Early Light, A Case of Immunity, Fade in to Murder.

November: Suitable for Framing, The Most Crucial Game, Dagger of the Mind, Candidate for Crime, Identity Crisis, Old-Fashioned Murder, Try and Catch Me.

December: Lady in Waiting, Double Exposure.

January: Short Fuse, Requiem for a Falling Star, Publish or Perish, Murder Under Glass.

February: Prescription: Murder, Blueprint for Murder, A Stitch in Crime, Mind over Mayhem, Troubled Waters, A Matter of Honor, Now You See Him, Make Me a Perfect Murder.

March: Ransom for a Dead Man, The Most Dangerous Match, Double Shock, Swan Song, Playback.

April: A Deadly State of Mind, How to Dial a Murder.

May: A Friend in Deed, Last Salute to the Commodore, The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case, The Conspirators.

October, November, and February featured the most episdoes. December and April featured the fewest. But it seems like the February through May part of the year has overall stronger episodes. Even though October and November have a high quantity of episodes, they also contain a number of weaker episodes. I guess I would say that February is the overall strongest month. Anybody else have an opinion or notice any trends?

Re: Best Columbo Month

This was quite difficult to choose a month. Every time I thought I had made up my mind, I changed it!
I finally decided on October.....but it could have easily been September, November, or February

That's truly hard to decide. But I'll tell you this: June, July and August were REALLY lousy!

That's a tough one.....I'd say September and not just because it contains my fav episode (Murder By The Book).
February comes close but is spoiled by Mind Over Mayhem, my vote for the weakest 70s episode.
October is also pretty good but has a couple of less than classic guest killer performances (Milland and Albert)
No, September it is for me....although Vera Price's "LbutL" performance isn't anything special, it's more than made up for by the inclusion of the magnificent Vincent Price!
I'd say March was the weakest, though that's a relative term as there's no such thing as a bad Columbo!

good picks steve...

and headache.................oh!!! you never cease to amaze me!

i tend to agree even though one of my favorites is in september "etude in black"...just love John Cassavettes

YAY!!!!!!