The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

I'm just wondering why you doubt Falk wouldn't do any more Columbos?? Quality of scripts or his being tired of the role?

Re: Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

I heard stuff about him doing another but there were disagreements about the script, I wondered if there was any progress

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

If all other ideas fail, have Columbo do a crossover to another series. Do a two-hour "Desperate Housewives" in which Columbo nabs Paul Young for the murder of Mrs. Huber.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

You've got a great idea!! I don't think anyone has suggested crossovers with Columbo before. What other series does anyone suggest Columbo could work well in?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

Since Columbo has been aired in a large number of countries and has earned respect among both the audience and TV managers, many merchandising projects featuring the famous detective could hit the jackpot. Although some fans may not like this, vast majority of filmed episodes present a great stuff for shooting their parody twins. Providing you take a deeper look into each and every episode, you will generally find countless sequences having both a funny and serious note. Some viewers can realize this but most of them can’t. Even the official press releases consider Columbo as a crime and not a comedy (“Monk”, which has many similarities to Columbo, was placed in the comedy shelf by contrast).

If the producers pushed the comicality forward, for many people a brand new series would come to light. Additionally, making the same episodes from a bit another perspective could be much less costly, both in production and marketing. Actually, while making this series, no new scenes would have to be shot at all. Clever cutting may be enough. Result: a 30-minute Columbo sitcom. Wouldn’t that be just great?

Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

Well..I obviously would have to say Monk.....that is a given...
I don't watch much tv anymore other than old movies on TCM so I am a little out of touch.........but maybe...he could appear on CSI...that would be cool. Or maybe in an episode of Lost...........Columbo on Gilligan's Island!!

Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

You mean Columbo would find a way for the castaways to get off that ****ed island? Or maybe discover that one of the castaways a diabolic plot to wreck the ship and profit by it---he/she had insurance policies on all the parties and would collect millions if all were declared legally dead?

Re: Re: Re: Any news of a 2006 Columbo?

I mentioned this before - Matlock was in Diagnosis Murder, so Columbo in another programme should be possible?