The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Condolences Headache........

No condolences needed here, Cassa. I truly could not possibly care any less about that than I do! I was out at the store during the game, and we've been watching the "All In The Family" marathon on TVLand since we got home.

If I were to be wearing a black arm band, it would be in tribute to the wonderful Shelly Winters who just passed away. Now there's an actress who I would have enjoyed seeing as a guest murderess on an episode of Columbo!

Re: Condolences Headache........

Oh...I thought you were a fan of the Bears.....my bad!

And yes, Shelley Winters was a fantastic actress. What always impressed me about her was the fact that she didn't care what she looked like in movie. She would appear as such a slovenly woman, no make-up, hair a mess...and she would put her best into it. She was definitely not a vain woman. She was fantastic in 'Lolita', and also in 'A Patch of Blue' with Sydney Poitier and Elizabeth Hartman. I love that movie so much. And Shelley was fantastic in that, as well.. She was similar to Shirley Booth.....I loved her in 'Come Back Little Sheba', with Burt Lancaster.......wow!! what a movie!!!! Taboo!!!
And yes, Shelley would have made a great murderess guest star on Columbo! I would have loved to have seen that one!!

Re: Re: Condolences Headache........

LOL.. id have to agree with ya on that one...winters wouldve been a great murderess and i wouldve laughed as colombo breaks her chops with "just one more question" and she'd try to strangle him