The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ****** OFF IN NEW YORK

Very sad, Sabra. Today I happened to catch the concluding moments of "Dead Weight" on the Hallmark channel.

Is it just me, or is there something about seeing "Columbo" on network/cable TV that for some reason makes it seem "better" somehow than watching the episodes on DVD or tape? Perhaps it's the thought that other Columbo fans are watching the same episode at the same time, as opposed to watching the DVDs or tapes all by ones self?

I never thought of it that way Headache...but I think you are right.
When I first started posting on here the episodes were being shown on Bravo, and I would come here and post stuff about the episode that was aired that day. But now......now that I don't have any networks that air the show, I am at a bit of a loss.
eww.........me sad!!

Speaking of the Hallmark Channel, I watched a few parts of "Death Lends a Hand" yesterday, and I was really surprised that the glasses scene was not cut. I had never seen that scene until the first season DVDs came out two years ago.

But Hallmark's editing is not always sensible. For example, with "Dagger of the Mind" they left all of Columbo's sightseeing scenes in, but cut the ending when Columbo explains how he put the pearl into the umbrella. I didn't watch all of "Death Lends a Hand," but they may have cut something else more crucial later on in the episode.

We're really lucky in the UK.....most days there's a Columbo on one of the Sky Movies channels or Hallmark or UK Gold or channel 4 or ITV or Channel 5.

I may have them all on tape but I still can't resist tuning in (unless it's "Undercover"...I give that one a wide berth)

Re: Re: ****** OFF IN NEW YORK

I have to disagree with the idea that it's still better to watch the shows on a network than on DVD. I have reached the point where my patience with seeing scratched and faded film prints that always have a number of minutes hacked out for more commercials has long been exhausted and the only way I will ever watch any program now is on a DVD format, uncut.

PISSED OFF IN NEW JERSEY TOO ABOUT THE SAME THING....DO I SOUND ADDICTED TOO?

Hi fellow Jerseyite!!!!!!

I too am upset about the tv55 (channel 10) schedule change! I would love to watch those on a Sat afternoon.
Today I did notice that there are 2 columbos on the Hallmark Channel starting at 12:00.

Anyone have any news on what other channels televise Columbo, and when??