The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The "New" Columbo

Hmmm, there is only one actor who I think could actually pull it off: Michael Richards, who played Kramer on Seinfeld. He is a bit tall for the part but there are certain similarities between his Kramer character and Columbo. The love of cigars, the quirkiness, Falk and Richards kind of look and sound like each other, both clumsy, always barging in unannounced, being a pest etc. I hope he'd play the part somewhat straight though and not too goofy.

Re: Re: The "New" Columbo

i think george costanza would make a great columbo LOL...only kiddin'...there would be no replacement for peter falk as he is the one and only columbo...knowing hollywood as stupid as they are they would probably put robert deniro...imagine..."you talkin ta me???" and whacks his guest stars...would be interesting

you are right sabra.....there is no replacement for peter falk....none. we can all speculate and think of other actors and such, and that is fun. but there is no one who could fill those little guinea boots of his!!!! (and he isn't even a guinea!!!)

Lol Sabra. You gave me an idea though. George Costanza could probably play the Poirot guy in the movie version.