The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: newbie says hi!

hi! i like "make me a perfect murder" very much, too. it surprised me when people voted here once and a lot of people put it further down on their lists. columbo himself is a little stiff in the episode, but trish vandevere is superb. she is one of the most richly developed (re: motive) murderers we get in columbo, i think.

and you're right...the music is great, too.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!
I forgot to mention that 'Try And Catch Me' is also a favorite of mine. From the same director and also with excellent music by Patrick Williams. As in 'Make Me A Perfect Murder', this episode has some superb acting and a Columbo who has much, almost moving sympathy for the (female) suspect/murderer.
Legendary stuff !!
Cis

Re: Re: newbie says hi!

"Try And Catch Me" - great episode, though it's one where we see the Columbo mask slip for a minute.
I forget the exact words but Abigail is putting on her scatty old woman act on the pier and tells Columbo what a nice man he is...."Don't be so sure of that, Miss Mitchell" he replies, staring straight at her.
Hardly surprising, given the gruesomeness of Abi's modus operandi.
Suffocating to death inside a safe - as the JP in "Psycho" said, "an ugly way to die"

Hi Cis and welcome. Sorry I'm a little late in welcoming you, but I only log on once a week sometimes less. Explore the site; there's a lot to see. You'll love the message board. Everyone here is friendly & very Columbo knowledgable.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello everybody.
I'm new here.
I'm a fan of the early Columbo's.
My favourite episode is Make Me A Perfect Murder (197 .
It has a great story, superb acting (the interaction between Trish Van Devere and Peter Falk is moving!) and most of all it has a wonderful score by Patrick Williams.
Now, I've sent several emails to Patrick Williams via his website, asking if his fabulous music for the Columbo series is available on cd (or in any other format).
But I've never received a reply...
I'm sure you die-hard fans here must know this though.
Anyone?
Cheers in advance,
Cis