The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Columbo Music Update

Hi again Cass - check your email in about 5 mins or so - I'm sending some more tracks down the line to you.

Steve

Re: Columbo Music Update

Those are great Steve, keep em comin.

I got your email....and thanks so very much! I emailed you back.
At the risk of repeating myself here...just thank you so much. I really enjoyed them. That was very sweet of you to do. Those go into my save box thingy so I can listen to them whenever I want.
I enjoyed them all...Etude included........but that Mystery Movie theme always delights me. It brings back so many memories of my family in the living room watching Columbo. I would lay on the floor with my dad, while my mom and sisters were on the sofa. When I hear that music it brings those wonderful cozy moments back to me..........so thank you Steve.....I truly appreciate it.
(Now I am going to go in the bathroom and bawl my eyes out!!!

Cass', I have the Mystery Movie Theme (usually, if incorrectly called the "Columbo Theme") as the ring-tone on my telephone. Had it on my last phone, too, which used a different type of ring-tones. There are numerous versions out there.

That is really cool Ted. But I guess it is no surprise.....what else would the Grand Maestro have as his ringtone?!?

Cass - check your email. I sent you the full version of Mancini's Mystery Movie theme earlier today. Steve

Thanks Steviebaby!!!
I replied to you....and I am probably going to repeat myself here....but I really appreciate you sending me that. It was very nice of you.

thats great music!!! i was groovin to it...add a couple of lines such as "im afraid of heights..i dont even like being this tall" or "i cant cook but i can make a great omelette"...keep em coming

Re: Re: Re: Columbo Music Update

ladyjane - check your email.

There goes Steviebaby with those emails....I love it!!!

Cass and Ladyjane - check your emails.

Regards, Steviebaby

Re: Re: Re: Columbo Music Update

A big thank you to those of you who have enjoyed listening to my humble efforts of transforming these delightful themes into MP3 files. It's been a labour of love. The score I really want to get is Billy Goldenberg's "Ransom For A Dead Man" which I consider to be the finest Columbo music of all. The problem is the music I want to edit from RFADM is riddled with other sounds - car doors, doors, clicks, and movement, etc. I used to have a bootleg LP many years ago of the entire score but lost it. If anyone out there has a copy that can be converted to an MP3 file - I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Check out Colsy's site at columbo.us.tt Go to "Episodes - Orginal 45" and then "Original Episode end Themes" which are pinned at the top. Darth/Welshdragon has downloaded them all, well, uploaded them in fact I suppose. Apologies if you already knew about that, or if it is not what you are looking for.

Thanks Steviebaby.......thank God it wasn't 'I Saw The Light'!!