The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Coolest line by a murderer?

All wonderful lines. I'm trying to remember if Maurice Evans actually said anything memorable--or if it's his performance that's so wonderful in his disgust for Columbo's--ub--untidiness.

Re: Re: Re: Coolest line by a murderer?

Given my nickname, it's not surprising that my mind leaps to "Identity Crisis" and Patrick M's "You have the wrong room." I always crack up at how he keeps repeating it in the same tone to poor Columbo.

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coolest line by a murderer?

(A Friend in Deed)
Mark Halperin: "Why Hugh... I'm no more violent than you are."

(Agenda for Murder)
Walter Finch: "Then all you have is a bunch of unsubstantiated... poppycock!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coolest line by a murderer?

In "Dead Weight," Martin Hollister said "Sometimes undesirable attention, Lieutenant."

Another good one is "Etude in Black" when Alex Benedict says "Good bye, genius."

Re: Coolest line by a murderer?

I always thought that Nora Chandler was the murderer who surrendered with the most class. She shows genuine admiration for Columbo's deductions and then takes a last sip of her drink and says, "Well! I'll get a coat, and we'll go."

She is particularly impressive when juxtaposed with Beth Chadwick, who has to be reminded by Columbo what a classy surrender would look like.

Re: Coolest line by a murderer?

I really tried to stay objective on this one, but when David brought up the one line that I thought was the coolest line ever, I just couldn't help myself!...I just love the line David cited from Etude..........that last scene where Columbo shows the tape and then the film...and then Alex is obviously discredited by his wife.............and the jig is up!!......he shakes hands with Columbo and says...."Goodbye, Genius."
Not to be maudlin, but I am wondering if that is what Peter said to John when he died?