The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murder with Too Many Notes: a question

Apologies if this is a question that's been beaten to death, but... what is up with the ending of MURDER WITH TOO MANY NOTES? Once Columbo and Findlay have taken their elevator ride upstairs for the final act, all our hero seems to do is rehash the evidence he's already uncovered in the course of the episode... then Findlay collapses and admits his guilt. THE END.

Wo' hoppen???

Re: Murder with Too Many Notes: a question

Dave, it's my understanding (from reading these boards in the past) that what happened is... someone messed around with an otherwise very good script. Someone (???) took things out of the script and added other things, and perhaps moved some other things around. In the process, they got so close to the script, they couldn't see that it nolonger made any sense. Or at least, that the ending didn't make any sense.

So no, Columbo doesn't actually prove anything. The murderer gives up only because the heavily-edited script tells him to.

Who was it that SOME people think messed up the script? I could give you --->6<--- clues. But I won't. Be seeing you!