The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: another humorous scene

Yeah his facial expressions were great.

Re: Re: another humorous scene

Oh, did you recognize the medical examiner? He was in the 1951 version of Christmas Carol with Allistar Sims. He's a friend of Scooge's nephew, Fred. When Scrooge shows up to accept Fred's Christmas invitation, he suggests they all polka.

For what it's worth.

Well, it's worth a lot to me Tim! That is my favourite version of A Christmas Carol. Allistar Sims was incredible in that! I have it on tape and watch it every single Christmas Eve, around 1 or 2 in the morning. I had never noticed that it is the same actor.
Thanks so much for pointing that out.

That is my favorite version too. You can tell the actors and actresses were all used to being on the stage. The facial expressions!!! I must admit to watching it 3 or 4 times during the holidays. :)

That is a good point regarding their facial expressions and how they were stage actors. Sims is such a delight....a real treasure in this. I love towards the end when he is looking out his bedroom window and he spots the boy and asks him to go to the butcher for him....and he is filled with such giddiness and emotion...'wonderful boy...delightful boy!'.........

Ok............I'll stop sorry, sabra. I went way off topic there...(but it is such a great flick!)

There are so many humourous scenes in Columbo, it is so difficult to choose. The first one that popped into my head was one from Forgotten Lady when he arrives at Grace Wheeler's house. He and Dog have just finished eating ice cream cones and Dog's snout is covered in vanilla ice cream, and Columbo tells him to clean his face!
Another, which also involves Dog, is from Mind Over Mayhem when Columbo is talking to the Adimistrator of a school. One might think that they are discussing a child of Columbo's instead of Dog, as the Administrator says that he has to leave the school. And then when Columbo asks if he could leave Dog there for just a bit longer the Administrator says no, because he demoralizes the other students!

The all-time funniest though is the exchanges he has with Galesko in "Negative Reaction" - Columbo asks Galesko if he wouldn't mind stopping by his family event to 'take a few pictures' and the reply he gets was flat out hilarious.