The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death Lends a Flub

funny i always thought it was glass from a coffee table...tells yu how observant i am!!!

Yeah ... and you'll note the car model change on his way to dispose of the body, to say nothing of the amateurishly lame method a man with his background selected. I mean, that was tough on the imagination.

Still, how can anyone not like the episode?

Re: Re: Death Lends a Flub

Yeah, "Death Lends a Hand" is one of those episodes I like a lot despite the weak plot... not just the un-ingenious murder coverup and the obvious trap at the end, but the fact that Brimmer cleared Mrs. Kennicut of suspicion before he made sure he had her on board as a blackmail victim. I could never believe he'd be so careless, especially since we see what a methodical man he's supposed to be ("Well, he's not due for another 30 seconds!") But of course it was necessary to having a story at all. Still.. Falk, Culp, Milland, Gil Melle's score, all very good. And I love the way we see Brimmer's coverup plot unfold in the lenses of his glasses.

And in "A stitch in crime" Columbo is at the victims appartement talking to her (the victims) room mate, and the glass of water changes its contens from scene to scene.

I find it interesting that out of the entire "Columbo" series, this is the one episode that won a writing Emmy. It's mildly entertaining, but nothing spectacular.

Great one :)