The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He does not love Faye Dunaway!

That explanation made me smile Ted. But your words usually do.

No, no, no! Not for one moment during the entire investigation did Columbo have any feelings whatsoever for Lauren Staton. In the wrap up, Columbo's only regret is that he decided he had to deceive Lauren or allow her to "believe" that he, Columbo was falling for her. He mislead her. The same way he always mislead his suspects - one way or another. Columbo did what he had to do to get his (wo)man!

Columbo's proven love for his wife, demonstrated in the previous 50 or so episodes prior to this, was much too strong for him to allow himself to be taken by this femme fatale. This was a woman whom he suspected from the onset of his investigation to be the murderer. Columbo could never, NeVeR, NEVER fall for a murderer!

But I understand your opinions. Honest I do!

Oh, and Lady... You're question wasn't stupid by any means. I thought you did know, based on the title you gave to your post - "He does not love Faye Dunaway!" See? You were right!

Re: Re: He does not love Faye Dunaway!

i truly believe that columbo didnt like what he had to do but this shows that he could definitely be an extremely manipulative and deceptive character when he needs to be...unusual for him in the matter of love and i never thought hed stoop down to it...but there you go!!!

Ditto what Headache said. If Columbo ever meant it, my whole world would collapse!

I do think that Columbo has a bit of the old-fashioned knight in shining armor in him, and he may have had particularly strong feelings about a case in which he becomes increasingly convinced that the murdered man was a user and abuser of women. Having to act the role he did, deceiving Ms. Staten, probably caused some complicated feelings for him

"...my whole world would collapse!"

You crack me up laura!!!

Cassa, I know you have a hopeless attraction to bad boy conductors... but I have a soft spot for the family man.