The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: youve probably seen this before

Also note the scene where he is conducting
the orchestra in the Hollywood Bowl and he notices that the flower is missing.

BTW-my wife and daughter are musicians and they think it is comical the way Alex is conducting...there is no connection between the way he moves his arms and what the music is doing! He is simply thrashing away up there. John Cassavetes may have been a fine actor, but he is no conductor!

Re: youve probably seen this before

...there is no connection between the way he moves his arms and what the music is doing! He is simply thrashing away up there. John Cassavetes may have been a fine actor, but he is no conductor!
-----

Oh YM! You have destroyed my trust in those who make movies. I feel so used. So... So dirty.

He is pretty clearly looking for the flower while he is conducting. Columbo should have shown that footage!

We have discussed this before YM....my son says the exact opposite. He thinks JC did a pretty good job in conducting. He has been in concert and jazz bands for many years and he feels JC did an ok job. Maybe I have brainwashed my own child!!!!!!

Oh Cassa! You have restored my trust in those who make movies. I feel so given to. So... So clean.

Oh God!!! I don't even know what to say!!!!!