The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Observation

"Mind over Mayhem" first aired on February 10, 1974. "Agenda for Murder" first aired on February 10, 1990. So that means that "Agenda for Murder" is now as old as "Mind over Mayhem" was when "Agenda for Murder" first aired.

I don't know if this means anything to anybody, but I think it is interesting!

Re: Observation

E, you are beginning to sound like me. Congratulations on an outstanding observation.

Thanks, David. I'm glad you enjoyed my observation!

Ok E, the guys in the white coats are on your doorstep right now!!!

Really though, quite the interesting observation.

Thanks, Cass. I think I managed to thwart those guys in the white coats. At least for now...

Re: Re: Observation

Just reminds me how old I'm getting. Thanks a lot.

A terrific observation E, well done. I have been suggesting for a while that the "new" episodes are not really that new anymore, and when I watch some of them, there is an early 90s nostalgia in them. In Agenda for Murder, Columbo is introduced to a fax machine in much the same way as he meets the VCR in Fade into Murder. I therefore tend not to buy into the old/new debate but to see the entire series as one big glorious single whole...and E, your observation gives scientific proof to my theory!!

i never thought about this before, but it really is true. the 80's and early 90's episodes are very dated already, particularly the hair styles (that infamous 80's "big hair") on the women and that music!

i just love the earlier columbo so much more, before he started playing a caricature of himself. it drives me up the wall when the later columbo exaggerates his new york accent and makes grammatical errors ("i seen it"; "he done it") that the earlier columbo would never have made.

hey laura!! i still have that big 80's hair!!!