The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jack Cassidy

Jack Cassidy did three "Columbo" films. I think my favorite was "Publish or Perish". "Murder By the Book", and "Now You See Him" were also good but I liked "Publish Or Perish" the best. Jack Cassidy did an excellent job in all three "Columbo" films. He was very intense in all of his roles! He really interacted well in all of the "Columbo" films.

I hope Peter Falk will do another "Columbo" film, I have heard nothing yet. Peter Falk has some movies in the can, they are

1.Retirement
2.The Book of Joe
3.Checking Out

I hope these movies will come out this year, there are no release dates yet. I have enjoyed Peter Falk 's work on "Columbo" and other films as well. I hope Peter Falk is happy and heathy in life. I hope he will make another "Columbo" film one day!! Thanks for reading. I will sign out for now.

Re: Jack Cassidy

Publiush or Perish was a great episode but the other two you mentioned were very good as well. There is a website for peter falk, you may wish to check out. It is:

www.peterfalk.com

There were a lot of similarities between Murder by the Book and Publish or Perish. I liked when he said to Columbo in "Murder by the Book," 'Now if you'll excuse me Lieutenant....." In a very hostile tone. I also liked his portrayal of the drunk in the restaurant in Publish or Perish. But to me, my most favorite Cassidy episode was "Now You See Him."

Re: Re: Jack Cassidy

"Now if you'll excuse me Lieutenant....."

Interesting you should single that line out Steve, because if you listen to it intently, you can tell it was a voice-over added to the scene later on.

It's not an unusual practice though, and in common use -- just like Dr. Keppel's "outlawed" idea.

i really don't think i could decide which episode i like him better in. every time i finish watching one of these i always say that i liked him best in that episode....but then i'll watch another one and i think he is the best in that one......i've decided to decide not to decide!