The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
" Lady in Waiting"

In this episode there is a scene in which Beth Chadwick holds her first board meeting with her staff. After the meeting is over she and Peter Hamilton are sitting alone in the conference room, Columbo then arrives to ask her a couple of questions. At one point Beth Chadwick looks down turns away from Columbo (who is standing next to her)and she very clearly says "Oh thank you" . It sounds silly but I have always wondered one - who she was speaking too and two- what she is thanking them for. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anybody care...............?

Re: " Lady in Waiting"

i care egg...we all care.

actually i think she says it twice. somebody obviously messed up in the editing of the audio track. and as you pointed out, even if she said it just once, who the heck was she saying it to, and why?????

Re: Re: " Lady in Waiting"

Perhaps she saw a ghost....of her BROTHER....one never knows.

ewwwwwww.....creepy.....

Yeah, she says it twice ... for no apparent reason, but I agree its likley a minor editing glitch. It's also the scene of another voice-over. The line "What can we do about him?" (as she throws the light bulb against the wall) was clearly dubbed-in later on.

Re: Re: " Lady in Waiting"

Beth Chadwick was bipolar.

She laughs at the fact that Columbo brought the burnt out bulb with him and practically scolds him in the same breath. Weird one. Susan Clark did a terrific job.