The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Episodes on DVD

Well hi C Crisp! and welcome! Great to have you here But believe me...no one can be as tiring as me!
I have often contemplated getting the newer episodes..because I have seen so few of them.
And I know what you mean about the normally deleted scenes when they are aired on various networks. As I have said here before, when I buy the dvds those scenes are like the bonus material.

I'd say you were lucky you actually got something for the money, but since its official release on DVD, I don't know why anyone would be so impetuous.

I mean, what's the hurry and where's the bargain?

I would never buy bootleg material whe n the real mccoy is already available (or soon to be), but I'm still waiting on major studios like Universal to make their productions available by-the-episode.

I enjoy most of the content on each of my DVD purchases, or I wouldn't spend such obscene amounts on the digital outrage that delivers it, but if I was given a choice, I'd much rather tailor-make them than to purchase full seasons.

I think my posting was the one you were refering to regarding a complete set of DVD'S of all Columbo episodes including the ABC movies. Yes they are of home made quality but I figured it was better then nothing. I was getting tired of waiting for and watching Bravo or A&E run the same episode over and over each week. Anyway this site is the next best thing to watching a Columbo episode even if it is for the 500th time.
-hbe