The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just a question

In "Agenda for Murder" Columbo remarks to O. Finch about Ted Bundy being convicted and executed on the strength of bite-mark evidence. Offhand I can't recall Columbo referring to a "real-life" event like that. Even though that reference seems out of character for the Columbo series, "Agenda" is one of my favorite episodes ever for some reason.

Re: Just a question

I can't either, but those are post-1979 anomalies. I mean, by 1990, it was conveying a different message.

In fact, Season 5 is as far as I go, and even that one has an ep (or two) I can do without.

Re: Just a question

Seems to me that also in "Agenda For Murder" (or was it "Identity Crisis"), there's mention of a country dropping out of the Olympics, which sounded like it was supposed to be a topical reference. But I don't remember whether that was a "real"-life event, or just something that happened in Columbo-World.

Re: Re: Just a question

That country was China and it is from Identity Crisis. But Agenda For Murder happens to be one of my favorite episodes too. Patrick McGoohan does a great job of playing Oscar Finch.

Re: Re: Re: Just a question

I agree with anyone who didn't go for the Ted Bundy reference. You don't have to be touchy about true murder stories to feel that they don't belong anywhere in a Columbo episode.