The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uneasy Lies The Crown

We can't know for sure. After all these were fictional characters in a story.

I suppose one possibility is he was a gambler, particularly a regular loser with all the other refernces to his debts and failed deals.

I should think his money would be welcomed anywhere. His offices had pictures of many movie stars. Whether he was a good dentist or not, he was plugged into high society and high rollers.

Never saw it.

Well I have to admit this was not one of my favorite episodes. Wesley Corman is a snake, that's for sure and it's obvious that his father-in-law is the real dentist. But I have to wonder if digitalis would really be soaked up through a crown in a tooth. I'm seeing my own dentist next week and I"m going to ask him that very same thing. You know there is something funny about this episode though. Just like in A Stitch In Crime where columbo has the stomach ache and the doctor writes him a prescription;' well in this case Dr. Corman asks Columnbo "Do you always chew on one side of your mouth Lieutenant? " I seem to recall Columbo having a tooth problem in this episode. I'm sure there are other episodes with similar issues. Just can't think of any right now.