The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just like that...

Am I the only one who thinks that the ending of 'Columbo Goes To The Guillotine' is just way too off the mark?

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a good episode, but for Columbo to purposefully put his life on the line by banking that the murderer would also try and kill him, I think is a risk no-one in their right mind would ever take - fictional character or not!

Yes, I know it was done to make a tense ending, but there's just something about it that just doesn't sit right with me.

Or maybe it's just me...

Re: Just like that...

For lots of reasons I enjoy this episode also, but I agree with you the risk/trap at the end is a stretch. Columbo was sticking his neck out too far !!

By the way Craig, did you find a bone for that dog?

Re: Re: Just like that...

No, his old man came rolling home and fed hiim instead. All's well that ends well...

Re: Just like that...

I've thought about that too, and in fact almost posted here once regarding the same thing. Putting his head on the chopping block is definitely something that is off-base. Unless of course he made sure BOTH sides of the guillatine were safe and just marked one safe and one not. COuld be, who knows. But it definitely took balls.