The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Columbo and the Murder of a Rock Star

I too enjoyed this episode very much. The ending kind of reminds me of the ending of Playback where Columbo studies the film and eventually sees the inivitation on one side of the film, but not the other. Similar yet different. The champagne thing in Murder of a Rock Star is also classic when Columbo wonders abnut the price. But that could be a whole other thread.

Re: Columbo and the Murder of a Rock Star

This is actually one of the best episodes of the new series.
I enjoy it very much: plenty of clever clues (the raking on the pathway to the sea-cottage, the champagne cork, the lack of the shadow on the mask etc ...).

Very very good: and Columbo is at its best (considering this is a "new episode"): I also like the way he repeatedely watch the film to get disturbing details.

Re: Re: Columbo and the Murder of a Rock Star

Great smile/smirk on Creighton's face when Columbo fumbles (is that being redundant?) around starting to read him his rights.

I don't think it was scripted. I think Dabney coleman was starting to crack-up laughing.