The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Now You See Him

Yeah, along with Robert Culp, Jack Cassidy is my favourite Columbo villain. But whereas Culp's murderer's were prone to shouting and having a bad temper, Cassidy's were always a bit more sophisticated.

Sgt Wilson is another favourite, it would've been nice to see him in another episode or two...

Re: Re: Now You See Him

Ah yes, the great santini. You know, I pulled a trick on my girlfriend just like he did. I placed papers with numbers on them under various objects and I totally stumped her on this one I'll never tell her it came from a Columbo episode, my head would roll.

But back to the point at hand -- Jack Cassidy is one of my favorite villians, but I still think Patrick McGoohan is my ultimate repeat villian. The only McGoohan episode that I haven't seen is "Ashes to Ashes" but it looks interesting; anyone have any comments about that episode?

Re: Re: Re: Now You See Him

'Ashes To Ashes' is good and well worth a look. It's definately one of the better 'new' stories. Would've been an ideal one to finish on...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Now You See Him

They took ALL Columbo episodes off of my local (and cable) TV stations so I am in the dark so to speak when it comes to wwatching episodes. It really sucks.

Re: Now You See Him

"Ashes To Ashes" features one of those "funny Columbo moments" being spoken of on another topic. It's toward the end when Eric Prince (McGoohan) nolonger gives a rat's ass that Columbo suspects him of "toasting" the victim in Prince's cremation oven. Prince says something to the affect of, "There can't be a murder if there's no body. I wonder just WHAT in the world could have happened to the body???" Columbo responds, "Yes sir, that is the BURNING question!"

Hysterical!

Columbo gets pretty ticked with the guy during this chat in the funeral parlor and starts walking away. Prince keeps berating him with a barrage of questions and thoughts of his own. Columbo turns a corner and disappears behind a curtain. Prince continues ranting until he's not certain if Columbo is even there any more! (He's not!)

The snapping at one another that Columbo and Prince do in this episode is classic stuff. This is a terrific episode.

Re: Re: Now You See Him

One great scene in "Now You See Him" is where Sgt Wilson and Columbo are confronting Santini. The camera is looking
at Wilson while Santini, off camera, refers
to him as "Dr Watson". Wilson's jaw just
drops! Great expression! (anybody else notice that?)

Re: Re: Re: Now You See Him

I noticed that moment....Santini sarcastically calls Wilson "Dr. Watson".
I'm sure Wilson knew Santini would get what was coming to him in the end...