The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Columbo Season 5 "Extras"

I have no idea. But one site lists the "extra" and I use that word loosely, as the one with the ventriloquist from the last set! Another site lists it as the one about caterers, "Caviar with Everything"!

Re: Columbo Season 5 "Extras"

Hullo?!?! Insanity!!!

The only thing I could come up with about the pudgy woman, is possibly she was the housekeeper from A Matter of Honor....possibly in the scene where Luis Montoya's daughter, Nina, arrives home and she is there to greet her...maybe...I don't know..

Aarrgghh. This is the same mentality that gave us all the fake, semi-Columbo-like "quotes" in the earlier edtions.

There's no better face to put on it, than to remind ourselves that not very long ago, we were all begging to have any sort of "Columbo" DVDs.

So, I refuse to lose sight of how glad I am that they're doing it at all -- but we have a right to mourn the loss of how much better it could have been. And meanwhile, I think Columbo would want us to keep our sense of humor about it (WWCD?).

I checked out that website. I can't wait to watch Columbo solve the matter of the cruxifiction in the episode, "Identity Cross"!

I don't have access to my copy of "A Matter Of Honor" where I'm at right now, so I can't check out the following. Is it possible that the pudgy woman is the wife of the police chief Columbo is working with on the case? She would therefore be the mother of the kids who provide the inspiration for Columbo to solve the case. As I wrote above, I can't check this out to be certain. Maybe there was no such character in the episode. Or was she at the scene of Columbo's accident at the beginning of the episode which was what kept Columbo in Mexico for a longer period of time to begin with? Maybe she was the real murderer and it was a frame job on Ricardo Montalban???

It was also interesting that the website link is itself titled for the "Forth Season" of Columbo. That's right - "Forth". Also, isn't that Beau Williamson (Forrest Tucker) from the 1st season episode, "Blue Print For Murder" featured on the 5th season's "Bonus" page?

As Ted wrote, I'm just happy to be getting any of these DVDs at all!

Good point Ted. I'd rather have the dvds w/o extras then to have no dvds at all.

Headache, you bring up some very good explanations on the now infamous 'pudgy woman'. I think my favourite was the last one! ......I actually had a dream about her last night!!!!! Frightening!!!
And yeah, why is Forrest Tucker there?? and for that matter, isn't that his blonde wife on the same page?
And one last thing that hasn't been mentioned...Columbo's badge is shown, and anyone can clearly see that his name is Frank Columbo!!!!!!

I strongly disagree with your last comment Ms C!

Everyone knows Columbo’s first name is Lieutenant…

Boy cass, you and those icons are outta control!!! Easy there cowgirl!!!!!!!!!

I strongly disagree with my last comment too!!!!

....fred..whatever do you mean???

and you can blame one person on this site for recently introducing me to the whole slew of smilies....does this smilie ring a bell???

i believe you are the only one on this site to have a smilie named after you!!!

Maybe they don't put extras on the DVD is that in 5 years time they will issue them all again with loads of extras so we all go out and buy them again.

That's what is about to happen with the "MASH" DVDs. It's taken years and years for all the MASH DVDs to be released. Now that Season 11 is about to arrive (soon) the entire series is going to be released in a special "11 Seasons of MASH" box set. This box set is going to be filled with loads of extras not available on any of the previously released DVDs.

Isn't that greedy... I - I mean, wonderful?!