The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tommy Brown's rental car

Just watched Swan Song last night for the umpteenth time.

Anyone notice that the rental car he arrives in at the opening concert sequence is the same car he his driving around in back in L.A., a 2-door rag-top convertible.

Yet the rental car he drives to Bakersfield airport with his wife and MaryAnn is a four door sedan. We know he doesn't own a car by his earlier arguments with his wife.

I feel a little like Columbo watching the film over and over like in Bird in the Hand.

Maybe Tommy Brown had an accomplice? I'm gonna ask OJ to help us find the real killer, who brought that car back to L.A. for him.

Re: Tommy Brown's rental car

Bob, I had to check this out. You are, of course, correct. That's the same Cadillac Eldorado that Tommy is driving way up there in Bakersfield that he later is driving around the Los Angeles area. And yes, in between he and his battle-ax wife and nymph arrive at the BF airfield in a different car. Maybe a four-door Nova or Chevelle. Good eyes on that one. I've also watched the episode umpteenth times and had never caught that before!