The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: "Columbo" house in NY Times Today

oh, thanks, Ted. i see the pool now. it confused me because i remembered the blue tile on the sides of the pool, and i don't see any blue tile here.

one other thing i noticed about the pool in the columbo episodes. from some views (like when eric wagner is about to be murdered) you can see at least a foot of tile above the waterline, while from other viewpoints the waterline looks almost as high as the shore/patio. it makes me wish i could see a panoramic view of the whole pool, to see how it is designed.

Re: "Columbo" house in NY Times Today

Very cool Ted. I love the clean lines on that house.
And I want that car that's in the driveway!! Anybody know what kind of car it is?

Good job Ted, it was a very interesting article and quite timely. I believe the car in the picture is an a Porsche convertible from the 1960's.
-hbe

I'm glad you folks enjoyed it. I made an error in saying that this was the "Charmed" house -- the article discusses several "famous" houses, and the "Charmed" house is a different one. Still, it was great fun to see that the lead photo showed a house so familiar to "Columbo" fans, so totally recognizable.

Thanks for the info on the car Egg....now will you buy it for me??

And Ted, I read it the same way. I thought it had said it was used for the Charmed series.

its a porsche 356

thanks robbie....then i guess you'll have to buy it for me.