The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hilarious Moment in "Negative Reaction"

yuppers, he is fred!

Re: Re: Hilarious Moment in "Negative Reaction"

Even though it's unfortunate that we don't get decent extras on the DVDs, I'd point out that many times a cast member's commentary often fails to live to expectations, especially if the cast member is doing it alone and he/she is seeing the episode for the first time in many years. Case in point was how on a recent DVD release of the 60s sitcom "That Girl" episode "commentaries" by Marlo Thomas consisted largely of dead stretches of silence punctuated by a few chuckles of her reacting to events on screen with no further comment!

Now if Peter were doing a commentary with Mark D. helping him along in the rough spots (or any other fan who knows the episodes inside out) *that* would be worth hearing! But I have to wonder if by himself, Peter would live up to expectations.

One person I know would have done a great job on a commentary based on what he's done elsewhere is Robert Culp, who in an "I Spy" commentary even referenced one of his Columbo experiences (the improvised bit in "Death Lends A Hand" when he wipes the food off Columbo's necktie).

Re: Re: Re: Hilarious Moment in "Negative Reaction"

Or Robert Conrad. Too bad he wasn't in any more episodes, he was great. "Go Ahead, I dare Ya." (To knock battery off his shoulder).