The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dvd

hello..have anybody experience with this company.they are selling 69 episodes for 99.99$
www.xxxbargaindvds.com

Re: dvd

Go back and see posting by C Crisp and replies started on May 19, 2006.

I believe there are earlier postings also, but more of a warning.

I have had good luck with some TV collections, most of which have not been officially released. It's just the only available if you're willing to take a chance at that price.

Some good quality DVD players don't like too much the cheaply produced "private collector" copies. One suggestion is to get a cheap DVD Magnavox for 30-40 dollars.
Supposedly it plays through the "freezes">

Sometimes the quality is clear and excellent, other times, poor, but at least visisble and you can follow the story. Commercials are cut, but you often see station logos.

I have no experience with the Columbo set, but would buy it on a crap shoot if they don't continue to release officially.

What troubles me about this website is there is no way to "Contact Us" A lot of websites have that as an option. So proceed with extreme caution. I agree with Bob, in a pinch, I'd dole out $99 bucks and hope that paypal would issue me a refund if I never receive the item(s).

If you do order this, please re-post on this site and let us know what happened.

Re: Re: dvd

i sent one e-mail to them yesterday,jusk asking how to order.havent got an answer yet.so i dont think its a good idea ordering there.

anyhow,im a hughe columbo fan,and have bought columbo dvd from cdjapan.com. they dont have all episodes,so i am kind of missing some. trying to get the rest.i have until Season 7. IF ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET ALL EPISODES ON DVD,YOU ARE WELCOME TO TELL ME:)

Actually there is a mailto link 5 lines from the bottom. They promptly answered my question. I ordered and am very happy with the disks. Quick delivery too.

whose hughe columbo? i thought his first name was frank!

oh no robbie....let's not even go there please...

Hi Kenneth, Hi everyone!!

I'm new to the board, but a long standing fan of the fabulous Columbo :)
Kenneth there is a lady selling the whole lot of every Columbo ever made on DVD on E-bay. I e-mailed her direct & she agreed to let me have a set for £60 rather than bidding (I already had seasons 1-7 so I contacted her for the others but ended up with the whole lot for no extra). Take a look on E-bay & see if you can find her sales, if not let me know & I'll hunt out her contact for you.
Great to see so many fans around!!
Can I join in??
Twiggy x

Or course you can join in Twiggy!!

Welcome...and have fun here!!

Hi Cassavetes!!

Thanks so very much - it feels great to be around so many people blessed with supremely excellent tastes ;)

I hope to get to know you all :))

Twiggy x (oh & I guess from your name Cassavetes that you're a fan of someone particularly fab' too :))

yes twiggy...i am quite guilty of being a cassavetes freak!
and there are so many terrific people here..they will all make you feel welcome. just wait till you 'meet' headache!!