The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Flaw in DVD -- Any Old Port in a Storm

Fortunately, when I returned mine, Best Buy just let me exchange out the one disc, so I didn't have to it and watch all of it again to test it out.

Has anyone tried calling Universal about this? Maybe they'll send a new one with proof of purchase? Or are they just evil and would ignore our pleas? I would try to exchange mine again if I had the receipt still, but Best Buy doesn't exchange after 30 days anyway.

What ticks me off is that I have the (sometimes) below-average quality VHS tapes sitting around for years and when they finally release them on DVD, I drop my $30 only to find that a flaw in the disc makes it even worse!!!!!

Re: Flaw in DVD -- Any Old Port in a Storm

No glitches whatsoever here, but then I buy all of my DVD products from an outfit in Connecticut that won't stand for factory imperfections. If you'd like to know who they are, drop me a line.

Remember folks, the quality standards are created in corporate offices here, but the product is produced in MEXICO. That's why junk retailers like Best Buy are willing to make exchanges.

im waiting to see if sabra has the problem.

Re: Re: Flaw in DVD -- Any Old Port in a Storm

you see sabra...there are people who remember you.....as do i!!

I had some problems with "Requiem for a Falling Star" in season 2, but I exchanged it for a new set, and the new set played fine.

On season 3, I had a few problems with "Mind over Mayhem," but I never bothered to exchange it because I don't like that episode that much, and all the other episodes played fine. And no problems with the bonus "Mrs. Columbo" episode (what a relief!).

No problems with season 1 or 4 for me...I still haven't had a chance to pick up season 5 yet.