The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Confusion on Identity Crisis

I'm confused! Even though I like this one a lot, this episode always confuses me...sometimes I think I get all the facts and then I get confused again!!
The bit about the sketch...I think it was one of the primary traps for Columbo, Bob.
And Fred, if I'm understanding you correctly, the sketch artist got his info from Lawrence Melville...not from the picture with the Silver Star..

Re: Re: Confusion on Identity Crisis

Yes, I think the sketch put Brenner on notice, but it didn't "prove" anything.

The picture at the amusement park with the two together and the Chinese pullout from the Olympics more to the point """prove""" Brenner didn't have an airtight alibi, and he had been lying as to when he wrote that speech for Vito.

"Confusion on Identity Crisis" ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it is a bit ironic...but definitely a good thread title...

Thanks cass. I try

it was a t33 silver star!

well you dun good moosey...um...i mean fred..

and thanks robbie. i was racking my brain trying to remember the actual name of the plane...but i didn't want to cheat and look it up...i just knew you would know what it was. the t33 silver star! i can just hear patrick mcgoohan saying it.

.....ha...and look at that^..i posted at 3:33!!! yay!

Cass, sometimes you're out there

i just thought it was kind of a cute coincidence!

At the beginning of the episode, you'll see Steimetz in the picture because Brenner is a double agent who is making money from the CIA as an "informant". To be blunt, he's a traitor.
I've always wondered why the CIA Director wasn't suspcious of the extravagant lifestyle of one of his agents (Brenner). I mean, do you think the CIA pays THAT MUCH?