The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Entrapment?

i always thought Columbo would have taken an interest in the fact that Hugh called Mark Halperin on the night of the murder and then actually tracked him down at the club. Also that his demeanor was obviously upset enough for Mark to ask (in front of witnesses), "What's wrong?" Then they go off together to a dark area of the club and talk, and shortly after that Mark disappears.

Seems like those would have been some good clues.

good stuff everybody...excellent points..

and ym, i agree with you totally on the colors and visuals...very striking indeed! all the red...everywhere!!! all the mirror shots!! terrific! and the long panning shots, i.e. in the bar/gambling spot in the beginning...excellent!
benny gazzara dun good!

Columbo does quite often say'that doesn't count what counts is.....'
The commisoner had it in mind all the time that he was going to somehow get his hands on his wife's money somehow.The fact that Hugh Cauldwell killed his wife just seemed to have brought his plans into play sooner than he had expected.Hugh Cauldwells confession would have sealed the commisoners fate then, but now perhaps he would have got off. Even the confession would have been treated quite differently now.