The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Going Through Season 6

I've gone through the first 3 episodes from the 'Season 5' DVD set - the first two didn't contain much extra footage of importance or enjoyment but in 'Identity Crisis', there's a great intro to when Columbo's interview with Del Fonte - the guy that Brenner wrote the speech for.

On the DVD set, the extra footage shows the two men speaking back and forth in Italian - which, to my recollection, was the only other time besides "Murder Under Glass" when Columbo had a conversation in Italian. Even "Any Old Port In a Storm" didn't have any Italian conversations.

Since Vito Rossi, who plays Del Fonte, is also a funny actor, to hear he and Falk go back and forth in Italian was really rich. Halfway through their conversation, they switch to English - which is where most of the TV-edited versions pick the scene up from. Columbo ends up leaving the scene with a handful of grapes.

Re: Re: Going Through Season 6

Vito Scotti!

Re: Re: Re: Going Through Season 6

No one has mentioned this yet, but don't forget how badly "Last Salute to the Commodore" sucks. I tried to muddle through it, and I had to stop watching it. What a terrible episode!

Yea, it's bad. It's unnecessarily complicated, and the dialogue seems unatural, annoying and forced. Maybe it was bad directing, I don't know.

i agree. i don't think i've ever watched that one all the way through. i still don't really know what the plot is.

Re: Re: Going Through Season 6

The plot is kind of diluted, but the funny thing about the bad directing, with which I agree, is that it was directed by Patrick McGoohan.