The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Memorabilia

I don't have much, beyond a complete set of "Columbo" episodes, which I regard as more a tool of the web-authoring trade, than "memorabilia". That collection has evolved from home-made tapes, through getting all the Columbia House tapes, and then a full set of the NBC DVDs (Japanese knock-offs -- don't ask), then a very bad bootleg "64 episode" set, and finally of course the Universal box sets.

Other, misc. items include:

A large drawing of Columbo by Peter Falk, which hangs in my home office. I think it's a litho (webmaster Stephen Burns has an original), but it's personalized "To Ted, Thanks for everything, All the best, Peter".

Several letters from Peter Falk -- very funny and nice.

About 5 or 6 scripts for never-produced "Columbo" episodes, and some scripts for the familiar episodes, a few of them signed by Peter Falk.

A "Columbo watch" with Peter's drawing of Columbo on the face -- created by Peter as a gift for the cast and crew of one of the specials.

(Probably this doesn't count, but for years I have worn a Swiss Army watch, exactly the same model that Columbo wore in some of the later episodes.)

Personal memorabilia from my visit to "The View" -- ticket, big "Ashes to Ashes" pin, and Tootsie Roll pop handed out to audience members.

Supposed original prop from "Agenda For Murder" -- ID tag among those worn by the political supporters in the last scene.

Notebook of original doodles and sketches by Peter Falk.

An unusual scrapbook of newspaper and magazine clippings about "Columbo" from the 1970s, sent to me out of the blue by a fan who was cleaning house and wanted to give them a good home.

Copies of magazines with reviews or articles about this site -- "Entertainment Tonight", "Sherlock", a few others.

Original design coffee mug created by Steve Baratta, with a great Columbo photo-montage -- a beautiful item, and I think only a few exist.

Columbo Japanese phone-card.

4 or 5 models of the Peugeot 403, various sizes and manufacturers, including one customized by a fan to make it really look exactly like Columbo's car.

Numerous vintage Peugeot 403 brochures, ads and manuals (collected in preparation for the Scrapbook article, "Inside Columbo's Car").

Couple of dozen magazines or newspaper clippings with Columbo- or Falk-related articles.

Black-and-white autographed photo of Columbo, looking shrewd; early color photo of Columbo near the ambulance in "Prescription: Murder"; later color photo of Columbo leaning on the Peugeot.

Set of Columbo postcard-sized photos; 2 sets of humorous 1970s trading cards that include Columbo.

Vintage "Mad" and "Cracked" magazines with Columbo parodies.

Columbo poster sent by a fan in England.

Columbo baseball cap, with his face sewn into it (and "Just One More Thing" in the back); come to think of it, I have 2 (one to wear, one to preserve)

Tapes of several Columbo-parody comedies, and tapes or DVDs of some non-Columbo Peter Falk movies.

Legal pads of detailed notes of Columbo trivia, that I recorded back in the 1980s while watching the reruns on A&E. These notes later became the basis of most of what I've written of this site.

Hard-cover "The Columbo Phile", which is indispensable

Last but not least, I also have in my office one of those plaster statues of Columbo with the oversized head, made in the 1970s, which I got re-painted by an artist friend.

And probably more stuff that I'm forgetting. But certainly nothing like Rex's collection.

My main collection is just the vast Columbo computer archive of images and writings that occupies several Gigabytes of my computer.

Re: Re: Columbo Memorabilia

Very impressive, Ted, as I expected. Good to see so many offbeat and unusual items featuring in these collections.

How about episodes of Trials of O'Brien? I picked up a VHS of the pilot from eBay and I've seen one or two other episodes available there, but it seems quite an elusive show. Has anyone pieced together a decent run of episodes?

Greig, I also have the "Trials of O'Brien" pilot that you mention, but nothing else from the series. As you say, it's pretty elusive.

i love hearing about everyone's collections....and ted..hey!!..that is why i call you the "Grand Maestro"!!
i have the trials of o'brien pilot also..the one with britt eckland...and good old nehemiah persoff..our beloved sweaty jesse jerome!!