The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo's first on-screen appearence in each film

Yesterday I watched 'Rest In Piece, Mrs Columbo' where Columbo's first appearence is 0 minutes, 0 seconds - that is, he is in the very first shot of the film, although it is from a distance and as the camera slowly zooms in he is recognisable at about 21 seconds.

Yesterday I watched 'Caution - Murder Can Be Hazardous To Your Health' where Columbo's first appearence was at 25 minute 55 seconds.

(I taped a Columbo - about a lottery, I can't remember the title - on Sunday but have not watched it yet.)

Yesterday I watched 'A Trace Of Murder' and Columbo's first appearence was at 17.35 minutes.

I recently watched REQUIEM FOR A FALLING STAR where Columbo's first appearence is around 9 minutes 15 seconds.

Interestingly in MURDER UNDER GLASS his first appearence was also around 9 minutes 15 seconds.

In RANSOM FOR A DEAD MAN his first appearence is at 11 minutes 52 seconds

Another one I saw recently was 'ETUDE IN BLACK' where Columbo's first appearence was a long time coming at 23 minutes 55 seconds.

Here's another one: A FRIEND IN DEED in which Columbo's first appearence is at 14 minutes 57 seconds.

I watched A CASE OF IMMUNITY (Elizondo) yesterday and Columbo's first appearence was at 6 minutes 32 seconds (not counting the trailer which was about 28 seconds)

quoting gregg...
"I think Prescription Murder is possibly the episode where Columbo appears latest. On my DVD I noted it as over half an hour Before our hero first appears."

i'm just bumping this up because of culpable's 'delayed detective' thread.

Can anyone add more?

:)

I'd love to in my spare time. I hope I'm not alone, because I love this thread.