The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Episode Naming

"Dead Weight" could also refer to Hollister discarding an unnecessary burden who was just dragging him down. And the dumping of the body off the boat into the ocean was a symbolic illustration of getting rid of dead weight on a boat. ???

I always thought the "Bye-Bye" in the IQ episode was intended to be a description of how high Oliver's IQ was. So high that the average person could only stand there and wave "bye-bye" to it. ???

Re: Episode Naming

"Dead Weight" could also refer to Hollister's beloved pistol. He loved it and cherished it so much that he couldn't part with it when he OBVIOUSLY should have - after committing murder with it! So that pistol became like an albatross around his shoulders, bringing him down, or weighing him down. That pistol was a real "dead weight" around his shoulders. That's my take on it.

Now then, as to "Columbo Likes The Night Life"... As is evidenced on screen during the episode, Columbo likes the night life because it's at night when his wife makes lasagna for him. I think the "L" in "Life" was a typo. It was supposed to be "Columbo Likes The Night Wife". That's my take on it.