The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE : Leighton Actors/actresses

It was interesting to read Ms Dunaways account of Columbo.It was nice to see that Faye,if I could be quite informal.Was quite pleased with the script and her role as the murderer.
I did wonder why the other key charactors have not commented on their time in Columbo.Obviously some are no longer with us.But their is still some around that could?Anyone out there with any thoughts,perhaps cassavetes could comment on John Cassavetes time on the series?

Re: RE : Leighton Actors/actresses

hi nick
i have read just about every single book about john cassavetes and there was never any comments about his appearance on columbo. there is a lot about peter and their friendship...but no references to columbo.

according to the columbo phile book there were many actors who have stated that they loved their experience of working on the show...theodore bikel from bye-bye sky high said 'the whole experience was a lot of fun' and that 'it was a pleasure to do a columbo'.....ricardo montalban from a matter of honor said 'i have very fond memories of that show..i did so many guest shots. very few of them stand out. that one stands out.' ....patrick mcgoohan from dawn's early light said 'it was a very happy experience'...robert conrad from exercise in fatality said he was thrilled with the whole experience....vincent price from lovely but lethal said 'i loved the show, so i was very pleased to be asked to be on it.