The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Try These....

OK, you guys need another hint on the mailbox thing. Accident was the first clue, this one is a dead give away. Larry Storch.

(Ok, one smile).

Re: Try These....

So that must be "Negative Reaction." Did he hit a mail box in the "driving instructor" scene, or are you referring to the ransom letter Galesko "received" in the mail?

And Cass, I can't remember if Collier hit anything...I know he almost hit the blind man, but I'm not sure about a mail post.

Well E you are on the right track, so I'll just give it to you!! The driving instructor was telling Columbo that a woman who was taking the driving test hit a mailbox. I think that's hilarioud 'cuz I actually did hit a mailbox

since this quiz is over, i went and looked at the dvd of deadly state of mind.(i don't look at any columbos when a quiz is going on)
anyway...E, collier hits an ornamental white pillar/post as he is racing out of the driveway...that's why daniel morris (the blind guy) stops and asks if anything is wrong.
while fast forwarding through the episode i noticed something that i never had before. when collier decides to make it look like a burglary and he leans over karl donner's body to take some valuables there is a stream of blood flowing down the side of donner's face. i don't remember any blood ever being shown on a murder victim in any other columbos...am i forgetting about another case of this?

ha ha ha

hmmm blood. i can't think of any blood either. there is that surreal image of blood that fills the screen when columbo is describing the death of her husband to leslie williams. but no, i can't think of any blood on the actual victims.

I think the closest we've ever seen blood on a victim is Goldie's on Bo Williamson's hat . . .

There was some blood on Vera Miles's fingertips when she touches the broken glass from the slide...but I don't know if that really counts because it was her blood, not the victim's.

We also see the bloody bullet hole in the head of the victim in "Dead Weight."

There is also blood in "Agenda For Murder." Frank Staplin's blood spot that 'dried' underneath the gun. That brings up an odd point. How long did it take the blood to dry? Finch put the gun on top of it almost immediately after the shooting if I recall correctly...

thanks everbody..i had forgotten about some of these 'bloody' moments...

(now where is a 'bloody' smilie when you need one?!?! )