The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Quote Quiz for Friday

No. 7 definately from Swan Song, talking to Mr. Pemborn (sp?) at the crash site. "My ears pop in an elevator . . . "

Re: Quote Quiz for Friday

#1 is from Deadly State of Mind, Columbo to Dr. Collier.

#2 is when Columbo is being told to take the LAPD firearms test, because he has evaded it for 10 years. But I can't remember which episode that was!

#4 is Columbo to Joan Hudson, warning her that he will hound her until she cracks.

#9 is actually Edna in "Swan Song," described by Tommy Brown. I agree with Cassa that #7 is from Swan Song, too.

darn it! i messed that up laura.....good call..

Re: Re: Quote Quiz for Friday

#3 is from Columbo Goes to the Guillitine when he accuses Elliot Blake of the murder at the end. And I think the elevator one (#5??) was from Murder with Too Many Notes when the elevator sound got onto the recording that Crawford was making. Guessing on that one.

Extra credit- from No time to die. I can't remember the year but I do remember the Columbos were dancing to the music of Jimmy Scabelli.

Answers To Friday's Quiz

You folks did good!! here's the answer key:

#1. From "A Deadly State of Mind."

#2. Laura was on the right track and in fact she was correct.

#3. Steve W. got it! From "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine."

#4. "Prescription Murder."

#5. This was from "Murder With Too Many Notes." Again, Steve was on the right trail here!

#6. This was tough. It was from "Butterfly In Shades of Grey" when Columbo and Fielding Chase broke down (well, the car was sabotaged by other police folks on the mountain, and Chase says this to Columbo regarding fixing the car.)

#7. "Swan Song."

#8. "Candidate for Crime."

#9. "Swan Song" again. I tried to trip you up, but you got it right!

Finally the E.C. question: Columbo was married to the Mrs. in 1966. We find this out in "Death Hits The Jackpot" where he is wondering what to get his wife for their 25th wedding anniversary. That episode aired in 1991, so do the math.

Well done folks.