The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Song In Columbo Goes To College

does anybody know what the name of the song that is played at the start of columbo goes to college is?

the one that plays as cooper is driving up to the house?

Re: Song In Columbo Goes To College

Stay tuned tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel. I will check it out tonight. I've probably studied every piece of music in all the episodes for which I have copies, but it's not indexed in my head.

Maybe someone else today will correcly name it for you.

Re: Re: Song In Columbo Goes To College

thank you!

Re: Re: Re: Song In Columbo Goes To College

Sorry I've come up blank on this. Music credited in this episode is to a James Di Pasquale for the score.

Website lyric searches for "lookin' for the girl that's got that sparkle"...and.."you know she's out there".....have come up blank.

You beat me on this one. I've prided myself in the past in identifying the recognizable foreground and background music used however slightly.

I've watched this episode a lot but that particular rap? college party? song was not something I cared for, or ever tried to identify. I did assume it was probably a published/recorded song, but that's not always the case.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Song In Columbo Goes To College

no problem. thanks a lot for trying though.

you see, i've heard this song instrumentally, it plays in arthur, and, istrumentally, it's called "money", but i don't think the song is the same.

anyways, thanks soooo much.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Song In Columbo Goes To College

oh, and by the way, Bob, do you know name of the song that plays at the start of columbo and the murder of a rockstar?

i heard you say that you've prided yourself in the past by finding music, so i was wondering if you knew.

cheers

Re: Song In Columbo Goes To College

Poor RIch Boy by Ambrosia is the name of this song..originally used in the movie Arthur.