The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How well do you know your minor characters?

#4 is from exercise in fatality..the woman with that computer read out sheet....(i love that scene)
#6 is from deadly state of mind...during that party scene at collier's house and a woman says this about herself.
#11 the little girl at that train park in identity crisis when columbo is trying to eat his hot dog and the operatives come and sit down by him
#15 is from double shock..lisa chambers says it when she is doing those excerises on her balcony.

# 13 is the secratary at the Surian legation in Case id Immunity. talking about the foreign language humor on the security guy'd coffee mug.

#10 Is ricardo Montalbaln to columbo in Matter of Honor

#3 is from "Publish or Perish", the girl in the photo layout is complaining about the man she is being photographed with.

#8 is from "By Dawn's Early Light", Columbo is looking
for Cadet Springer's girlfriend and asks one of her fellow students where she is.

#11 is from "Identity Crisis" when Columbo is eating
a hotdog at Travel Town where he is to meet the
"no. 1 man in the Agency" and talking to a couple of little girls about his dog.

One of the "I've never noticed it before" is stated by Calvin Magruder, the real estate agent in "Negative Reaction" when Columbo asks him about the clock with no dust that Galesko had left over the fireplace. I don't recall a second use of the phrase.

excellent answers so far, everyone. you are all correct.

Bob Branca, i think you are right that Montoya says "my house is your house." i actually had in mind a minor character who also says it.

it looks like you all have answered numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, and half of the bonus question.

that leaves numbers 1, 7, 9, 10, 14, and the other half of the bonus question.

i love the minds of Columbo fans. no little detail is beyond notice.

#7 might that be from Prescription:murder? I guess this is said by one of the (female) guests in doctor Felming's house at the beginning of the episode when they're all playing a sort of "find out who I am impersonating" game.

hey laura..i didn't say it before...but very cool quiz!! you go girl!!

that's it, fallopio!

cassa, isn't it great to have a place where other people also care about the tiny details.

laura,i really find it fascinating...everybody knows this stuff so well.

1. "Don't have to look. I remember."

Caroline Treynor in "Bye Bye Sky High," while doing the inventory of the house.

9. "They said I'd get into trouble."

Joanne Nichols in "How to Dial a Murder," talking about her parents' reaction to her moving into Eric Mason's house.

10. "My house is your house."

Besides Montoya (noted by Bob Branca), I think the nun said this in "Negative Reaction," just before she tried to find Columbo a new second-hand coat.

14. "You have got to make her grow up..."

Leslie Williams's friend, Pat, said this after Margaret slapped Leslie at her father's funeral. She also said she would turn her out without a dime.

Bonus: "I never noticed it before."

YM got one of these--the realtor in "Negative Reaction." The other person who says this is Joanne Nichols, when Columbo asks her what the hook in the ceiling in the kitchen is used for.

as i was reading the correct answers i was sitting here thinking "OF COURSE!!".......i could hear all the characters voices saying those lines!

yet another great quiz laura....thanks