The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday's Quote Stumpers

9. Negative Reaction

good quiz fred........i'll do a couple...

#3 is dr. mayfield in a stitch in crime when he is on the phone and finds out about sharon martin's death.

#4 is columbo when he sleepily arrives at grace wheeler's home in forgotten lady.

#6 is brimmer in death lends a hand talking to columbo about the mark on lenore kennicut's cheek.

hey fred enjoy those jaeger bombs!!

7 is from Strange Bedfellows, when he's brought before Fortelli

#10 Columbo goes to College ? ! ?

#1 A Bird in the Hand ??????

Re: Re: Friday's Quote Stumpers

Yep, yep!! so far everyone is right on target, nice going.

Re: Re: Re: Friday's Quote Stumpers

I believe that number 2 (the one about the car) is (I think) from "Death Hits the Jackpot" when Freddie has ordered a ritzy car and had a picture of it. This scene in which we see Columbo's car outside reminds me of when another used car salesman says to him, "I'll give you $80 in a trade Lieutenant." Something close to that effect anyway.

Anyhow, I think I answered #2 correctly. The other ones I'm not sure on.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday's Quote Stumpers

I think # 2 might be from Bird in the Hand where Columbo goes to the car dealer to see how the pipe bomb could have been connected.

^don't you find it cute that fred comes back in just to wish us encouragement!!! i love it!!

I find some of these quotes beneath contempt myself. Thats because I suck at these things.

great quiz

#8 is Milo Janus talking to Jessica Conroy, about to invite her to the X-rated horror film that night.

Later on in "An Exercise in Fatality," Milo also calls Columbo a "devious man." So is Milo really saying that he and Columbo have a lot in common?

Interesting point, "E" I wondered that myself.

Re: Re: Re: Friday's Quote Stumpers

Everyone did well except nobody got #5. It ws a toughy. When Columbo first showed up at the house in "It's All In The Game" he had a nice pair of slacks on, raincoat (obviously) and a pajama top! Go figure. In fact, he makes certain to button his raincoat before confronting Faye Dunaway, who gave a really good performance and who is very sexy looking in that red dress!!!