The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Killers you wanted to get away with it!

Adrian Carsini - The man was simply too likable and he killed to protect his winery and livelihood, not for greed or vendetta.

Re: Re: Killers you wanted to get away with it!

I have to agree with Frank regarding Adrian Carsini, i like to think that Columbo felt bad too about having to "bust" him. which is why he was so sympathetic with him in the end.

I disagree about Chase, Bennedict, Anders, I think they were all very unscroupolus people and they deserved to be punished.

I think Johnny Cash should get away.

Re: Re: Killers you wanted to get away with it!

Abigail Mitchell should have gotten away with it in "Try and Catch Me." It is clearly implied that Edmund murdered her niece.

Paul Galesco in Negative Reaction. I'd of killed that piece of work myself!

Alex Bennedict is a mysterious character. I never wished that he got away with it, but as the movie goes on it seems to be clear that he really loved his wife. The final scene with his wife is kind of touching.

Colonel Rumford... Such a man of honor, and the victim and even the guy he was trying to frame were not exactly the most sympathetic people around.

Brimmer was clearly a flawed man, but he seemed to sincerely admire Columbo. Saw great potential in him right from the beginning. Also his murder was accidental, not excusable of course but he was certainly not trying to harm anyone.

Carsini was a decent man too, but someone already elaborated on this.