The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best appearance by Robert Culp.

Been considering the apearances of Robert Culp and for me his best was clearly as Bart Kepple. Anyone else agree?

Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

I thought Brimmer was his best work. he seems very intellectual as an actor and that part suited him to a tee. Plus the dual view in his glasses at the time of the crime was well done.

I like those glasses effects, like the flower in Alex Benedict's sunglasses at Miss Well's apartment.

Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

frank in the 90 minute version of etude that aired in canada, that image of the flower in the glasses is not there.

Re: Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

That was a very key part of the story. The things they cut from these shows.

Re: Re: Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

Yes, Bart Kepple was the best.Especially because of the trick how he fooled Columbo when they were driving to the cinema where Kepple killed his assistant.Columbo didn't tell Kepple where the murder happened and Kepple was smart enough and he asked Columbo about it.We can see a disappointment on Columbo's face because he thought that Kepple will catch himself into a trap.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

I liked Culp's performance in "The Most Crucial Game" best. He plays the very aggressive murderer who simply does not believe that Columbo can keep up with him. Unusual character twist. He covers his fear of being arrested by his attitude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

Put me down for "Most Crucial Game" also.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best appearance by Robert Culp.

me too...its a thin plot but his acting is great