The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

One of the best examples of that was in A Friend in deed. Artie Jessup, the pockmark-faced, poolhall thug versus The Commish.

Re: Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

Well, I sometimes dislike the fact that almost all murderers are stars of America, he always deals with American elite, so to say.Sometimes I'd like to see that he would catch ordinary people when commiting the crime, they may have same geniuos mind as some celebrities.

Re: Re: Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

i think the appeal of "celebrities" is that the common masses thrill to the fact that they think they are better and above us and thats why columbo attracts ppl...hes a common guy after the so called "better people" and he brings them down to our level and exposes them for what they are...and he does it with such class!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

I agree with Sabra, the "classy" killers look at Columbo and think yea right this guy is not in our league, and he always manages - much to the amazment of the killers - to somehow be in completly the same league - I just love it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

Ned Diamond (Forgotten Lady) summed it up best:

"Lieutenatnt, if you don't leave us alone I'll call your superiors and end one very unimportant career!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

No, Miss Hudson, I am still on the case.

Ya see, my boss figures I must be touching some nerve.

First episode. Still works.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Occupations of Columbo Killers

I'm not just trying to be different (let alone put anyone down), but whatever my reason for liking "elite" criminals on Columbo, it isn't that "how the mighty have fallen" reason, which I've never gone in for. (I spent months NOT watching the O.J. trial.)

The reason is "the touch of class" and the difference from other "cop shows".

1st ep: psychiatrist
2nd ep: lawyer
3rd ep: (co)writer [or co(writer) :-)]
4th ep: head of investigation company
5th ep: general
6th ep: art critic
7th ep: heiress of an "advertising empire"
8th ep: chemist
9th ep: architect

etc ...

2nd SEASON