The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks Kenosha Ted...

Me and my alter ego, cassavetes45, would like to thank you for solving the riddle of Kenosha, Wisconsin! And I truly thank you for it.
It bothered the heck out of me......and as usual, I probably made too much of a freak show about it!! (but it was kinda fun!)
Ted...you have once again proven that you are truly the Grand Maestro!!

Re: Thanks Kenosha Ted...

Your alter-ego is showing Are we multi-personalities Cass (uh, I mean Kenosh)...like Dr. Joan Allenby????????

it's a constant battle in my head fred!!!

MYSTERY SOLVED: Re: Thanks Kenosha Ted...

I now have the explanation from Bravenet (below), and it's quite interesting.

"Kenosha" was caught by their Spam filters, because -- are you ready? -- it contains the word "Keno"! You know, like Kenotastic, or KenoPalooza, or KenoMania -- Bravenet tries to keep that junk out, often posted by robots.

Fascinating. Anyway, they fixed it.

But, from what we've learned, I wouldn't recommend posting anything here about v*i*a*g*r*a, or p*o*k*e*r.

==============
Ted,

We have many words that trigger a filter to prevent spam, and it seems the word kenosha qualified as it contains the word "keno". The administrators have resolved this now. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

very very interesting! i really appreciate you looking into this ted. i was very curious to hear what the reasoning behind it was.

and as far as you apologizing for 'any inconvenience'...please, you don't have to do that....i had a blast with this whole thing

thanks

Cassa, I wasn't actually apologizing -- the apology was Bravenet's. The last part of my post (everything under the double lines, starting with "Ted...") was the email that Bravenet sent to me.

Anyway, I agree that it was interesting. Spam filters, I admit, had not occurred to me.

miss moron strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!