The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo Can't Drive

A while back, there was a post about Columbo's driving. In a word, it sux!!! Let's examine that a little more....

In "Columbo Goes to College," he crashes into the garage wall when parking in the underground garage.

In "Make Me a Perfect Murder," he crashes in the beginning of the episode. The scene at the chiropractor was hilarious!!

In "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder," he pulls away from the curb after talking to Brandt and another car skids out to avoid a collision.

In "Negastive Reaction" he scares the &%#$#! out of Larry Storch.

In "Ashes to Ashes" when he is looking for the celebrity's house (and finds it), he skids to a stop and we see another car go flying bar, horn blarring.

In "Caution - Murder Can be Hazardous to Your Health" he and Wade Anders have a head on collision. The funny part here is Columbo knows exactly where ther new damage is on his csr!!!!

And all the other idio-syncrecies with his car are perfectly placed within various episodes. Absolutely magicsl snd part of the whole formula.

Re: Columbo Can't Drive

Let's not forget, however, that he drives perfectly in the infamous scene leading to the finale of "Suitable For Framing." The cool music score during that drive to Edna Matthews' home to nab the killer was priceless.

Re: Columbo Can't Drive

At least he can handle the clutch, something Mack can't do.

Also notice when he drives he's always looking somewhere else - anywhere except forward.

Re: Re: Columbo Can't Drive

You forgot about the one when he pulls into the Litton museum and smashes into a police car.

Re: Re: Re: Columbo Can't Drive

Let's not forget the biggest driving blunder from "A Matter of Honor". If not for his accident we would not have had him solve that particular murder.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbo Can't Drive

How I found out such an odd fact is kind of a long story, but I've heard that in real life, Larry Storch himself has never been a driver. So if anything, that makes it even funnier to watch him as an uptight driving instructor.